Dementia Success Stories:
“How we made a difference for self and those around us AFTER diagnosis”
A dementia brain-storming project by participants of PWD Perspective newsletter
- Label: Max McCormick
- Previous/current occupation(s?): … Pediatric Physician Assistant
- Nation, & state if desired.. USA, Colorado
- Age at tentative diagnosis: 53
- Year of diagnosis: 2011
- How long for definitive diagnosis: 3 months
- Type of dementia, if known: FTD
- Since diagnosis, what one or more action, success, or accomplishment do you take pride in? Relationships with husband and children, painting, knitting, taking care of house, gardening, participating in research
- What do you wish your primary Physician knew about dementia? … about you? My primary physician is very supportive and caring. I wish the staff knew that FTD isn’t the same as Alzheimer’s. I am still an intelligent, capable person.
- What do you wish your specialist Physician knew about dementia? … about you? He is very knowledgeable about FTD and sensitive to me as a person.
- What do you wish your family knew about dementia? … about you? My family is awesome. They understand a lot.
Max McCormick is part of Dementia Mentors’ project
* Admin issues: SHARE dementia awareness thru buttons below. If interested in receiving notice of future blog postings there is a “follow” button in the upper left corner (MS Explorer) or lower right (Safari and Chrome). Feel free to leave your thoughts in the form of comments, but please filter your comments with truthful loving kindness to all concerned. If there is an advertisement below, I have no control over what is shown. — Full legal name on record. copyright on 2015-01/21