Dementia Success Stories:
“How we made a difference for self and those around us AFTER diagnosis”
A dementia brain-storming project by participants of PWD Perspective newsletter
Compiled and edited by Truthful L. Kindness (yes it is legal name)
- Label: …. Tommy
- Previous/current occupation(s?): … Compliance Manager
- Nation, & state if desired: … Liverpool, England
- Age at tentative diagnosis: … 58
- Year of diagnosis: … 2011
- How long for definitive diagnosis: …18 months
- Type of dementia: ….young on-set Alzheimer’s
- Since diagnosis, what one or more action, success, or accomplishment do you take pride in? I Won a Positive Achievement and a winner of winners award for dementia in 2013. I’m Chair of Service Users Reference Forum, I’ve spoken at university’s and taught about dementia in schools.
- What do you wish your primary Physician knew about dementia & about you? That dementia is not all about memory loss. That I still have my intelligence and that I was very scared.
- What do you wish your specialist Physician knew about dementia & about you? That every PWD is unique and it affects us in different ways some by “the book” others quite differently but we all have that fear that needs to be alleviated upon diagnoses.
- What do you wish your family knew about dementia? That not everything can be put down to stress, needs to think Could be on set dementia and get it checked out. That we still understand when they are talking about us in a room
- Date (Year-Mo-Date)… 2015 March 23
* Admin issues: SHARE dementia awareness thru buttons below. If interested in receiving notice of future blog postings there is a “follow” button in the upper left corner (MS Explorer) or lower right (Safari and Chrome). Feel free to leave your thoughts in the form of comments, but please filter your comments with truthful loving kindness to all concerned. If there is an advertisement below, I have no control over what is shown. — Full legal name on record. copyright on 2015-03/23