Dementia Success Stories:
“How we made a difference for self and those around us AFTER diagnosis”
A dementia brain-storming project by participants of PWD Perspective newsletter
- Label: K Jennifer Bute
- Previous/current occupation(s?): … Doctor both in rural Africa and as Family Doctor in UK and in Medical education
- Nation, & state if desired: Somerset UK
- Age at tentative diagnosis: 63 but I knew age 59
- Year of diagnosis: 2008
- How long for definitive diagnosis: 5 years
- Type of dementia, if known: mixed alzheimers & high cholesterol ( Familial condition)
- Since diagnosis, what one or more action, success, or accomplishment do you take pride in? Making teaching videos speaking around the country to professionals as well as carers and general public
- What do you wish your primary Physician knew about dementia? … about you? He has been to one of my lectures I try to keep him informed and educated!
- What do you wish your specialist Physician knew about dementia? … about you? I have always kept a log of changes to my condition which I deliver each year in short summary These Neurologists are fascinated by dementia and are doing research constantly anyway so I am spoilt!
- What do you wish your family knew about dementia? … about you? again they are brilliant have all been given information on how to deal with me how to understand dementia and what to do etc ( all available on my website www.gloriousopportunity.org )I see my dementia as a privilege, to understand it from the inside, an opportunity, to share knowledge and understanding so overall an unexpected gift !
* Admin issues: SHARE dementia awareness thru buttons below. If interested in receiving notice of future blog postings there is a “follow” button in the upper left corner (MS Explorer) or lower right (Safari and Chrome). Feel free to leave your thoughts in the form of comments, but please filter your comments with truthful loving kindness to all concerned. If there is an advertisement below, I have no control over what is shown. — Full legal name on record. copyright on 2015-01/28