Truthful Loving Kindness (aka Belinda before name-change) is an INTP.
She likes working mostly alone, in an unstructured environment
that allows plenty of time to be creatively involved
in the detailed research and development, and then the communication
of any project which involves a new or unique aspect of
information, values, behaviors, or personal relationships
that will have a visible result of encouraging or benefiting others.
I am a creative editor; I am driven to collect, analyze, synthesize & distribute various things or ideas.
“Who Am I” revised 2019-02/04:
61yo. Live with husband/care-partner, “Hero-Pardner” LabraDoodle SrvDog, & pet chicken “Snuggle”.
Life goal is to reflect Creator’s “Truthful Loving Kindness”; changing legal name reminds myself & others of that importance. (Hebrew = “Chesed v’ Emet”)
Energy gained as Introvert; I don’t “do” fluffy small-talk, but also was college theatre major & excelled in public speech since high school. (wrote about introversion & dementia at http://bit.ly/2lefzY0 )
Emotionally “constant”; I avoid emotional roller-coasters. Emotionally healthy per psychiatrist, with strong history of grief work thru writing. (ex = “Justice” at http://bit.ly/2liys7X ).
Activities; enjoy research/analysis, collecting/organizing, & creating anything from designing a sewing pattern to creating a book or theatre character. (ex= “fragrance” at http://bit.ly/2kgAhlP )
Spiritually; years of training in Biblical languages & Christian systematic theology, but currently worship in Reformed Judaism. https://tlk4spiritual.wordpress.com/intro/.
Physically active; exercised most every day of my life and now walking 1-2 miles daily, when disease complications allow. https://vimeo.com/102320840.
Diseases include Celiac, Lyme, Babesia, Osteoporosis, severe hypoglycemia, Fibromyalgia (FMS) & Mild Cognitive Impairment (MCI) with strong Lewy Body Dementia (LBD) symptoms and mild-to-moderate cerebro-vascular disease; Rx/Aricept began Jan 2014. Most recent blog on diagnosis issues at https://truthfulkindness.com/2015/05/18/re-blog-diagnosis/ .
Typology; INTP. Faction= crossover between abnegation & candor values, with strong erudite skills.
Politically; very tolerant conservative.
Artistically; enjoy reading (writing skills mostly intact but reading comprehension has dropped from University-level to approx. 5th grade), whimsical art & Zentangle/Doodles, taught ballroom dance with parents, so enjoy any kind of dance but especially Ballroom or ballet, crochet/sewing, orchestra/soothing vocals, pluck nevel harp & use “Hapi” drum. https://vimeo.com/192204556.
Culturally; father spent early years on Chippewa Indian Reservation & I observe weekly Jewish “Shabbat” celebrations, etc. But mostly standard “American” melting-pot culture.
Architecture; our home (I designed & drew up all blueprints) is strong Craftsman style two-level, with wrap-around porch & lots of hand-made detail. (http://bit.ly/2jWQHyX )
Personal style is whimsically old-fashioned; usually wearing work suspenders or a long dress with apron, & I like hats, scarves, or merely a “snood” for head-covering. Sometimes slight “steampunk” flavor, because I also love steam engines & technical stuff.
“Dementia Mentors”: Very involved as Assistant Administrator with https://www.dementiamentors.org/ ;
“Dementia Symptom Perspectives”: include PWD updates from my friends in my matrix, on my own blog
at https://truthfulkindness.com/index-persons-with-dementia-pwd/ ,
then daily on “Dementia Symptom Perspectives” FaceBook page
“Dementia Chats”; Expert Panelist at https://alzheimersspeaks.com/dementia-chats-webinar;
“Positive Approach to Care”; Consultant at https://teepasnow.com/ ;
“Dementia Action Alliance”; Partner in USA at https://daanow.org/ ;
Author: 1) Blog nearly every week regarding dementia symptoms at award-winning website >> http://www.truthfulkindness.com ;
2) Working on book “Bits ‘n Pieces of Me: Memoirs to retain identity in the face of growing dementia symptoms”, & some pages are now in my blog https://truthfulkindness.com/bnp/ ; 3) This year, hope to compile book with excerpts from this blog. But have not even thought about a title yet.; 4) Contributing Author for “Dementia-Friendly Worship” at https://www.amazon.com/Dementia-Friendly-Worship-Multifaith-Chaplains-Communities/dp/1785926659/;
1) “G0d is of no importance unless He is of supreme importance.” — Abraham Joshua Heschel in book “I Asked for Wonder”.
2) “”At the center of every great story is a Dilemma,
a personal crisis that causes the protagonist to ask,
“Who am I?”
It is a rock on which the hero can stumble
… or which he can use as a fulcrum to shift his world.””
— Louis L’Amour’s journal
3) “I could have danced all night” – from favorite movie, My Fair Lady.
“I am from facing pain, loss – and death – with truth AND dignity.
I am from facing love, joy – and life – with kindness AND honesty.”
Truthful Loving Kindness
(closing statements of my prose at https://truthfulkindness.com/bnp/part-1/intro-from-tlk/ )
Myers-Briggs personality preferences at https://www.myersbriggs.org/my-mbti-personality-type/mbti-basics/the-16-mbti-types.htm . (i like to say “preferences” rather than “type”, because it shows TENDENCIES rather than inflexibilities — usually, LOL). INTP preference is called “Rational Architect” in the Keirsey temperament types. More info at >> https://keirsey.com/temperament/rational-architect/ .
Some folks think i need to include a photo so here it is:
Probably one of the most important pages about my dementia journey is here >>
About my Blog – Welcome to the MailRoom >> https://truthfulkindness.com/about/about-blog-mailroom/ ;
Link for OTHER Life issues >>
My Favorite Things at >> https://truthfulkindness.com/about/about-me/favorites/ .
* Admin issues: SHARE dementia awareness thru buttons below. Feel free to leave your thoughts in the form of comments, but please filter your comments with truthful loving kindness to all concerned. If interested in receiving notice of future blog postings, subscriptions are available through a “follow” button in the upper left corner (MS Explorer) or lower right (Safari, Mozilla Firefox and Chrome). copyright Truthful Loving Kindness on 2017-02/06. If there is an advertisement below, I have no control over what is shown. Tags: Belinda Petrin, identity, personhood, PLwD, truthful loving kindness, Truthful Kindness .