This page is written by Truthful Loving Kindness (yes, that is my full legal name) for publishing at http://www.truthfulkindness.com ,
so PLEASE address any questions or comments to that website, regardless of which website shows these words.
Most recent book review is on top:
PS: “Dementia Success Stories; How we Made a Difference for Self and those Around us AFTER diagnosis” is a booklet from dementia brain-storming project by participants of PWD Perspective newsletter, compiled and edited by Truthful L. Kindness. No longer in printed form (because i distributed them all when i spoke at the big ADI annual conference during 2015). But pdf link for booklet is now between these arrows >> 616 Stories 1d Complete 20150326dw BatesPgs << .
Have not yet read books from Wendy Mitchell (living with dementia) but would like to buy: “What I Wish People Knew About Dementia”. i found a Kindle version, but it is only available through the UK version of Amazon.
i am one of five persons living with dementia symptoms whose writing was included in the book “Dementia-Friendly Worship: A MultiFaith Handbook for Chaplains, Clergy, and Faith Communities”. This book is designed to give practical help to faith leaders, in developing services and creating dementia-friendly faith communities. I wrote a little about it at >> https://truthfulkindness.com/2019/06/24/ch-publ/ ;
“Dementia from the Inside” by retired doctor Jennifer Bute (living with dementia) , reviewed by ME at https://truthfulkindness.com/2019/01/14/dementia-from-the-inside/ ;
Dancing with Elephants by Jarem Sawatsky (living with progressive cognitive change) reviewed by ME at https://truthfulkindness.com/2017/02/22/suffering-bk-dancing-elephants/ ;
Deeper into the Soul by Nader Robert Shabahangi PhD reviewed by ME at https://truthfulkindness.com/2014/08/06/bk-deeper/ ;
One of the first dementia books that i really enjoyed was by Marie Marley PhD (care-partner) and my neurologist-friend Daniel Potts MD, FAAN … called “Finding Joy in Alzheimer’s”. Find it at >> https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01896G9K6 .
. ============================ .
Some of the other dementia books in my library are listed below with Links,
but i do not remember whether i was ABLE to read them,
and if i reviewed them i do not remember where to access that review.
Authors who were living with dementia at the time of writing are listed first,
then others (not directly living with dementia symptoms) are listed underneath:
- Anne Scott (living with dementia, and mother of ten-year-old) wrote “Sizzling Bacon” as a children’s book to raise awareness of dementia. >> https://www.amazon.com/Sizzling-Bacon-F-Scott-ebook/dp/B08NGTBSV4 .
- Chris Graham (living with dementia) wrote “Five Minutes of Amazing; My Journey through Dementia” is no longer available on Kindle, but only hardcover at >> https://www.amazon.com/Minutes-Amazing-Holden-author-Graham/dp/0751565415 .
- George Huba PhD (retired psychologist living with dementia) wrote “Mind Mapping, Cognitive Impairment, and Dementia”. >> https://www.amazon.com/Mapping-Cognitive-Impairment-Dementia-Bolero-ebook/dp/B00UP3Q2ZY .
- Greg O’Brien (retired journalist living with dementia) wrote “On Pluto; inside the Mind of Alzheimer’s”. >> https://www.amazon.com/Pluto-Inside-Mind-Alzheimers-ebook/dp/B01MU6ZXUP .
- Jeanne Lee (living with dementia) wrote “Just Love Me; my life turned upside-down by Alzheimer’s”. >> https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1557532982 .
- Kate Swaffer (past CEO of Dementia Alliance International, living with dementia) wrote “What the Hell Happened to My Brain; Living Beyond Dementia”. >> https://www.amazon.com/What-hell-happened-brain-Dementia-ebook/dp/B017HX79Z6 .
- Michael Ellenbogen (living with dementia) wrote “From the Corner Office to Alzheimer’s”. >> https://www.amazon.com/Corner-Office-Alzheimers-Michael-Ellenbogen-ebook/dp/B00EPI0ZHQ .
- Paul Hornback (living with dementia) wrote “God Still Remembers Me; Devotions for Facing Alzheimer’s Disease with Faith”. >> https://www.amazon.com/God-Still-Remembers-Devotions-Alzheimers-ebook/dp/B01744068A .
- Paulan Gordon (living with dementia) wrote “Vascular Dementia; an Inside Perspective” (booklet). >> https://www.amazon.com/Vascular-Dementia-Inside-Perspective-Paulan-ebook/dp/B01CR8UIDG .
- Richard Taylor PhD (retired psychologist living with dementia) wrote “Alzheimer’s from the Inside Out”. >> https://www.amazon.com/Alzheimers-Inside-Out-Richard-Taylor-ebook/dp/B00TVKOK7O .
- Terry Pratchett (retired author living with dementia) wrote “The Color of Magic”. >> https://www.amazon.com/Terry-Pratchett/e/B000AQ0NN8 .
- Therese L. Gadal (living with dementia) wrote “Aged Musings” and “Released; Meditation and Faith”. This is her Amazon Kindle page >> https://www.amazon.com/Therese-Gadal/e/B00BGJ0MMU .
- Tracey Shorthouse (retired Staff Nurse living with dementia) wrote “I am Still Me: a Collection of Poems”. >> https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07965H1NP .
We have books “Managing Alzheimer’s and Dementia Behaviors” and “The Aftereffects of Caregiving” by Gary Joseph LeBlanc, but not reviewed them yet. Gary is the person who thought to start “Dementia Mentors”, where i have invested much of my time for five years (2015-2020). >> https://www.amazon.com/Gary-Joseph-LeBlanc/e/B008ZHE6N2 . i also read “While I Still Can” which he wrote with Rick Phelps (living with dementia) when i was first told “probable dementia”, so that was Long before this blog, and if i reviewed it, then i have no idea where to access that review. >> https://www.amazon.com/While-Still-Can-Rick-Phelps-ebook/dp/B0793SVC4P .
Max Wallack (care-partner who is now a member of the American Association for Geriatric Psychiatry) wrote “Why did Grandma put her Underwear in the Refrigerator; an Explanation of Alzheimer’s Disease for Children” . i read this EXCELLENT book told from perspective of a seven-year-old, but have not yet written a review >> https://www.amazon.com/Why-Did-Grandma-Underwear-Refrigerator-ebook/dp/B00DQG5QEU . This author is someone with whom i have never interacted, but i thought it the best children’s book that i have read on the topic.
Jennifer Randazzo (daughter of person living with Lewy Body type of dementia) wrote “Grandpa & Lewy; a story of Hope and Empowerment for children touched by Lewy Body Dementia”. Bought this story last month, and i have not read it yet. >> https://www.amazon.com/Grandpa-Lewy-empowerment-children-Dementia-ebook/dp/B09GBKMNGJ .
Index for pages by OTHER persons living with dementia (projects from friends living with dementia) at >> https://truthfulkindness.com/index-persons-with-dementia-pwd/ ;
2018 Top Recommended Blogs Websites are Groups for Persons Living with Dementia at >> https://truthfulkindness.com/links/plwd-blog-2018-rec/ ;
“Text Format; My Dementia Style” at >> https://truthfulkindness.com/2019/03/04/text-format-dementia/ ;
Listed from “My Favorite Things” at >> https://truthfulkindness.com/about/about-me/favorites/ ;
… and you might want to check out the Links gathered for Dementia Symptoms and Strategies (alphabetized) at https://truthfulkindness.com/about/d-info/links-sx-strategies/.
* Admin issues:
SHARE dementia awareness thru buttons below. Subscribe “FOLLOW” button is at the very bottom of the page, with “Category” Links, “Recent Posts” and “Archive”. If you put your eMail address there you should get an eMail each time i write a blog entry. Feel free to leave your thoughts in the form of comments, but please filter your comments with truthful loving kindness to all concerned. … *** … If there is an advertisement below, I have no control over what is shown. My own full legal name is Truthful Loving Kindness. My current diagnosis is still Mild Cognitive Impairment, but my neurologist said I am in a unique position for helping because I have “one foot in each door”.
Text Copyright © Truthful L. Kindness on 22Feb2022. Pic by Wellgard at PixaBay..
i dont mind re-posting of things i write, but if you re-post then i expect you to make it clear this is NOT written by you. My authorship as Truthful Kindness (my legal name) must be clearly identified, and provide very prominent Link to my website so that questions and comments can be addressed to ME personally at http://www.truthfulkindness.com . .
Tags: alzheimers, book, dementia, person with dementia, PLwD. S&S categ: book .