Dementia Success Stories:
“How we made a difference for self and those around us AFTER diagnosis”
A dementia brain-storming project by participants of PWD Perspective newsletter
Compiled and edited by Truthful L. Kindness (yes it is legal name)
- Label: Gayle Harris
- Previous/current occupation(s?): Principle IT Teacher for Microsoft Corporation
- Nation, & state if desired: Australia Qld
- Age at tentative diagnosis: ……45…(began to be ill but was misdiagnosed for three years)
- Year of diagnosis: …2013
- How long for definitive diagnosis: 3
- Type of dementia, if known: Lewy Body Dementia
- Since diagnosis, what one or more action, success, or accomplishment do you take pride in? I am undertaking a degree at University, and despite the major changes to my life have remained positive, happy and lead a fulfilling life even though it is entirely different to my life prior to diagnosis.
- What do you wish your primary Physician knew about dementia? … about you? …. I am blessed to have a Doctor who is not only very well versed in my Dementia, she knows me very well
- What do you wish your specialist Physician knew about dementia? … about you? … Again my Geriatrician and I have a very good relationship. I wish that the one that diagnosed me initially had been more understanding, and provided me with more info.rmation. However I have not seen him since.
- What do you wish your family knew about dementia? … about you? ……………….. My family all are very aware of my symptoms, and make sure they are as informed as they can be.
- * Admin issues: SHARE dementia awareness thru buttons below. If interested in receiving notice of future blog postings there is a “follow” button in the upper left corner (MS Explorer) or lower right (Safari and Chrome). Feel free to leave your thoughts in the form of comments, but please filter your comments with truthful loving kindness to all concerned. If there is an advertisement below, I have no control over what is shown. — Full legal name on record. copyright on 2015-01/20